[Ignition] Lighthouse Security Engineer_EN ” Japanese communication skills helpful but not necessary”
About our Team
We are a professional firm providing audit tax and advisory services in Japan. We have more than 200000 professionals in 154 countries and offers value－added services to address the management issues of our clients all over the world.
As part of the broader team we enable organizations to achieve business－wide digital transformation.
Our Team will be the centerpiece of our firm’s digital strategy merging our professional insights in audit tax and advisory with the knowledge of our digital experts and the latest digital technology. It will support the digitalization of our own services as well as the digital transformation of our clients and will be a center for developing the solutions necessary to succeed in an increasingly competitive global landscape.
If you are interested to work in a fast paced continually changing team and have a background in digital technologies and approaches this is the position for you.
Within our firm our Innovation and Digital Solutions team researches develops and delivers best－in－class technologies － enabling customer differentiating technology transformation solutions inclusive of pervasive security with a ”secure by default” posture.
We are looking for a capable System Security Engineer who enjoys security work and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the security space.
You will make things more secure by protecting system boundaries keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data. Qualified candidates will have a background in security or systems engineering.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Engineer implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems networks and information
• Identify and define system security requirements
• Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs
• Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
• Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
• Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
• Write comprehensive reports including assessment－based findings outcomes and propositions for further system
• Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
• Experience in building and maintaining security systems
• Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
• Hands on experience in security systems including firewalls intrusion detection systems anti－ virus software
authentication systems log management content filtering etc.
• Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system security and network monitoring tools
• Thorough understanding of the latest security principles techniques and protocols
• Familiarity with web related technologies （Web applications Web Services Service Oriented Architectures） and of
network/web related protocols
• Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
• BS degree in Computer Science or related field
• Business or higher level of English communication skills.
• Japanese communication skills helpful but not necessary.
The Ideal Candidate Will
• Have experience with commonly used open source software components such as Containers web servers databases
message brokers etc.
• Possess excellent problem solving and troubleshooting/debugging skills
• Be familiar with networking and firewall basics Shell Programming PKI － X.509 certificates encryption OpenSSL
CiscoSSL IT Security secure storage methods for virtual applications etc.
• Have excellent verbal and written skills
• Be passionate highly motivated and eager to affect meaningful impact and to develop new skills. With a zeal for
innovation and learning you are comfortable diving into business and technical subjects outside of your comfort zone.
• Be a consummate team－player you possess outstanding listening collaboration and communication skills.
• CCSP CISSP CCIE or cybersecurity related certifications is a plus.
－Depending on your task you may work at other site.